5 Months Post Op from SMAS/submental Platysmaplasty and There is a Loose Pocket of Skin Under Left Side of Jaw?

It feels like an air pocket-sometimes it lies flat; other times it bulges out.I believe something has torn. I can feel downward tugging on the area anytime I move muscles or touch my skin on the left side of my face.I feel the loose area of skin move with head movement. Feels like there is no support in the area. I'm concerned the loose area will continue to enlarge/travel. is there a minor correction that can be done? I don't want another major procedure (facelift) involving major redraping.

Loose pocket of skin after face lift

+1

Without an exam or photos, it is impossible to assess what your concerns are. You shoudl be seen in person for a proper evaluation.

Loose Pocket of Skin After Facelift

+1

A loose pocket of skin is hard to characterize without an exam or at least some photos.  Kenneth Hughes, MD facelift Los Angeles, CA

Bulging after a facelift

+1

Without a photo or an exam it is hard to tell. However I can tell you that after a year if it has not resolved then there are many options to consider. If minor then perhaps a skin resurfacing/tightening procedure could help. If not using only a portion of your existing scar can be used to approach it - For example,  if a collection of fat then micro-liposuction, or redraping a limitied area if loose skin.

My recommendation is to follow up with your surgeon or get a second opinion from a board certified Plastic or Facial Plastic Surgeon

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Excess Skin After Necklift

+1

I am sorry to hear about this.  Without pictures being submitted, it is not possible to give you any specific answers or advice.  I suggest that you return to your surgeon and discuss your concerns with them in detail.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon