5 Months Post Op from My Tummy Tuck, No Lipo. Im Swollen More Now Than Before?

5'5 still 212 lbs...... I do not understand why I would look bigger now than after my tummy tuck. This is very disapointing.I had 9" of excess skin hangage removed and looked great 2 wks after. Now I look 7 mths pregnant. Could it be fluid? Or since I had sever abdominal protusion that the abdominal wall was not tightened enough,they tell you not to stand up straight. After 2 wks I was able to lift no more than 10lbs. I still have not worked out because of fear of making it worse.

Swelling 5 months after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is unusual to be more swollen 5 months after a tummy tuck in comparison to before surgery.  I would need to see your before/after photos to accurately assess.

My concerns are a fluid collection or weakening of your muscle repair.   I would recommend consultation with your surgeon and possibly an imaging study to assess any changes to the repair.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Swollen Tummy Tuck 5 months Post-Op

+1

Typically I see swelling for upto one year post op. The swelling comes and goes, gets better and worse and is very unpredictable within the first year.

Hello

+1

5 months post-surgery it is possible that you have accumulated some seroma fluid which is normal after tummy tuck. The best way to go about this would be to have your PS exam you. Without pictures or exam we can’t say what could be going on.

Tummy Tuck--I'm Swollen More Now Than Before?

+1

Leslie--

It would be quite helpful to those of us who answer RealSelf questions to be able to look at your before and after photos. Without that it is most difficult to respond to your query. It is possible that you have a fluid collection, and your surgeon should be able to determine that quite easily. 

What would be best for you to do now is to see your surgeon, review the pre-op  and post-op photos, and discuss your expectations and any variances from your goals. You should be able to resume any exercise routine by this time.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.