I Am 3 Months Post-op from Aureolar Breast Implants and my Right Breast is Showing Weird Behavior when I Flex my Muscle? (photo)

The nipple is pulled in and up and creates a cavity under it. The Doctor says it's because the suture hasn't been absorbed and hasn't released. Is it possible that it's still there? The doctor says y need to keep massaging it pinching with the index and thumb and that it will go away by 6 months post op. The left breast is acting nothing like it and I would assume the same suture was used. Does anybody have any opinions on this? I attach pictures with the muscle relaxed and flexed. Thanks!

Distortion of areoal with contraction of muscle

+1

Your problem has been confirmed by your surgeon and sutures can certainly contribute to this as can exuberant scarring.  Regardless, follow your surgeon's instructions and if it doesn't improve by 6 months, your surgeon will have to consider releasing the scar tissue with a minor office procedure.

Weird look when flexing

+1

I think the distortion is either a stitch or some early scar tissue. Your surgeon's advise sound right for now. Listen to instructions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Contour issues can still correct themselves three months after breast augmentation.

+1

I'm not sure the source of the contour irregularity. However there still remodeling going on in the operating area which should be allowed to conclude before making any adjustments.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

I Am 3 Months Post-op from Aureolar Breast Implants and my Right Breast is Showing Weird Behavior when I Flex my Muscle?

+1

Return to your chosen surgeon to have a minor revision of the contractor from the areolar incision attached to the deeper tissue. Or even might use PRP+Fat grafts //

Aeola

+1

Dear vanearoki, seems like the scar that formed in your right breast is tethered to your muscle and therefore it dimples your areola when the muscle contracts.  It is possible that the sutures used could be causing the problem but the scar alone can do it.  This problem could resolve itself as the scar remodels and softens up but it can also persist.  The way to fix it could start with simply massaging it as you've been recommended, also a steroid injection could help soften this up.  If it should persist then the scar should be revised surgically and finally, if it comes back after revision I would recommend fat grafting to the area of scarring which probably won't be necessary... DrBrou 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon