At 7 Months Post Op for Upper Eyelid Surgery Should Everything Be Fully Back to Normal and Are You Fully Healed?

My scars look almost invisible, first thing in the morning my eyelids feel normal but as the day goes on the scars start to tighten like I want to keep raising my eyebrows to stretch the area. One eyelid feels stiff and lazy like you are opening the lid against some resistance (in the scar area). My surgeon says it might be nerve damage? I massage with E45, but occassionally I am getting a red sore patch on the scar line, what else could I use, I live in the UK. Is this feeling normal

Tightness of Eyelid Scars 7 Months after Eyelid Surgery

+1

Residual tightness of eyelid scars 7 months after eyelid surgery may soften over the course of the first year.  Massage may be helpful as well.

Consider Injection with %-Fluorouracil

+1

At 7 months after upper blepharoplasy, you should be well healed.  It is possible to form scar tissue in the area.  If the scar tissue can be felt, it can be injected with 5-fluorouracil to soften the scar.  It has decreased chance of causing changes to the skin than kenalog.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue after eyelid surgery

+1

You are fully healed with respect to the appearance of the eyelid after 6m however scar tissue can form and mature after that for a period of up to a year after the procedure, as already mentioned. An option to discuss with your surgeon is to consider a dilute injection of kenalog into the area if you have any palpable scar tissue, which may hasten the maturation process.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Healing after eyelid surgery

+1

Seven months after your eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), you should be almost completely healed. There might still be a little bit of scar maturation (softening) that could continue up until the one year mark.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon