3 Months Post Op- Denting in Left Side: Do I Need Filler or Revision? (photo)

I am 3 months post rhinoplasty, removing a hump from the bridge. The left side seems to come in more, below the nasal bones. It feels dented inwards, and is visible in photos. I have recently followed up with my surgeon, and although he listened to my concerns he said it is a very small difference, and that at the one year point he would prefer a filler over a revision. He said that with restalyne, after a few uses, it tends to be a permanent fix when used in that region. What do you think?

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may be used to improve the indentation in your nose. after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

The slight indentation along the left sidewall of your bridge may be improved with a carefully performed Injectable Filler procedure. Your skin is thin, and you do not appear to have significant swelling in the mid-portion of your nose, so I might be inclined to proceed sooner than 1 year post-op.

My experience with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures is exclusively with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I have used a small amount of silicone even earlier than 3 mos. post-op in patients that I was certain did not have significant swelling in the area of indentation. I will typically do a very conservative treatment and repeat as necessary in monthly intervals. Based on your appearance, you may require 1-2 treatments. I do not offer Restylane as an off-label nasal filler, and I am not aware of the permanency of this product.

You have a nice result, and most people do not see this indentation. 

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry Middle 1/3rd Nose Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait another 6-9 months before doing anything to improve the symmetry. At that time you can decide whether you want to use fillers or a small cartilage graft.