I'm 6 Months Post Op, Will Bridge Bump Ever Go Away? (photo)

I had a small bump shaved down from bridge but it looks like it never went away on the oblique views. At 3 months, my dr said at the 6 month mark my bump would be gone or he could do quick office procedure. Now at 6 months, my dr said wait until 12 months. Is there a chance it won't resolve?? Tip is still firm and sides of bridge are a little tender so I know I'm still swollen but this feels like bone.

Bump on the nasal dorsum will probably require revision if present it six months.

+1

I would give your nose a full 12 months before making a final judgment. However my guess is that you probably will benefit from a revision.

6 months post-op, will bridge bump ever go away?

+1

In general, it can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it some more time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Bump

+1

I would wait the full 12 months.  By then you know what is swelling and what is not and your surgeon will have the best chance of hitting the mark with the revision.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Bump Still There after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 6 months, the great majority of the swelling over the bridge of the nose should be resolved. There may be a bit of swelling left in the tip, however.  If the bump is still present, particularly in the oblique view, it may need to be filed down a bit more aggressively.  In my practice, I don't recommend doing this is the office... Rather, I would wait until 9-12 months post-op and do short revision.  Best of luck moving forward!

#rhinoplasty San Francisco

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 6 Months Post Op, Will Bridge Bump Ever Go Away?

+1

Your surgeon has the benefit of following you throughout the postoperative course and being able to examine you.  At 6 months most of the dorsum swelling is gone.  If you have a very slight hump it is reasonable to wait. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA