3 Months Post Breast Implants: Right Breast May Have Double Bubble

I am three months post OP. I have 275 silicone implants on the right and 234 on the left. They are under the muscle. My right breast feels weird and is falling more to the center of my chest making the breast not centered. I can feel the implant and rippling along the bottom which is not comfortable. Does this mean I have double bubble going on? Should I have revisionary surgery? And if so should I have to pay the full cost, if I am not happy? I already paid over $8,000. Thank you!

Right areola scar adhesion not double bubble may be you're problem

+1

Thank you for your photograph then question.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  From your photographs it appears that on the right your trans-areolar incision is adhering to the underlying breast tissue causing an indentation.  If this is true then you may not have a double bubble.  I agree with others he should wait another 3 months discussed with your plastic surgeon if there is adhesion of the trans-areola scar.

Double bubble breast augmentation

+1

Hi...I think you have several issues going on as far as the pictures show.  I think your surgeon dropped your inframmary crease to allow for a more centralized nipple complex.  In so doing, the implant comes under essentially the abdominal skin that is added to the breast as the crease falls.  It seems that your cleavage is slightly over to your left and this can also come from any adjustments to the crease and cleavage muscle origin loosening or detachment.  It may also be that your periareolar incision is contracting.  If the implant is placed thorough a tunnel under the skin to get to the submuscular plane, then this contraction can happen.  Usually the incision is directly through the breast to the submuscular area.  It may be that your surgeon did this but the irregular appearance on your right at the incision and below seems to be suggesting a contracture but this might also be coming from a contracture around your implant causing a shift.  No matter what the issues, you need to be discussing this with your surgeon.  We all run into cases that need revision and my policy is that if a patient needs to go to the or, then they pay for the facility/anesthesia/implants (if needed) and I take care of them.  Offices vary on this but go over your issues and come up with the options.  I agree with the comment before this that suggests that you stay calm.  Do not point fingers etc.  The permits you signed clearly will say that further surgery may be necessary.  Make sure that you and your doctor stay close in these discussions so that you can work through any of these problems.  Remember too that it is easy for us to comment but your doctor knows you totally and he/she will have your best outcome in mind for you.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Revisionist surgery may be possible

+1

It is a little early to fully judge the surgery, revision surgery may be necessary after 6 months or so. Each practice has a different policy for pricing on revisions. If revisionist surgery is necessary communicate clearly but calmly your concerns and a surgeon will generally respond well.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The area of concern is visible on your side view. If the problem is being caused by the breast implant being too low on the chest wall,  this may need to be corrected in the future. I would suggest that you wait an additional 6 months to allow for complete healing/“settling” to occur before you  evaluate the end results of the breast  augmentation.  It is possible that  capsulorraphy may be helpful in reconstructing the inframammary fold area in the future.

Of course, revisionary surgery may not be necessary at all.  if revisionary surgery is necessary,  much will depend on exactly what the breasts look like further down the line.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Double Bubble Deformity after Augmentation

+1

I cannot see any evidence of a "double bubble deformity" on your photos.  In act, it appears that you have a nice early result.  It is not unusual to be able to palpate the implant inferiorly since this portion of your implant is usually not covered by your muscle.  You should discuss any concerns with your plastic surgeon.

John Whitt, MD

Scarring

+1

It looks like you have some scarring of the tissue down at the infraareola incision.  You may need a revision to correct that depression but it is not a double bubble.

Right breast double bubble or what

+1

The indentation you have appears to be an area where the breast/nipple skin is thinned and adherent to the implant capsule. The breast does not have a double bubble. This is not a 'contracture' either as the scar is simply thinned and stuck. The repair would involve lifting the breast tissue at the nipple edge, and in the lower part of the breast to provide a layer between implant and skin, and the dent  should go away.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

Your photos series are very helpful. Either a contracture as previously stated or fat necrosis is causing the indentation. I recommend re operation under local to release the contracture and place fat grafts. 

Looks like your incision scared down to the pectoralis muscle

+1

The incision over the right side has scar down to the deeper layer and did not let the implant to expand the lower pole of the breast. If you put your hands on your hip and press,the pectoralis muscle contraction will pull on the scar. This is common on patient that have mild breast sagging and get breast augmentation through the aerolar incision. Your doctor should be able to fix it.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant double bubble or contracture?

+1
Without personally seeing you no one can give definitive advice but the photo appears more consistent with capsular contracture. Sometimes there are several problems occuring together so if you see the indented area pullind up when you flex then it could be a variation of double bubble with animation deformity in addition to cc. I expect that your plastic surgeon will want work with you to make it better.

Richard Baxter, MD