3 Months Post Op Breast Augmentation and Pain/Burning in Right Side?

I am having pain 3 months post op breast augmentation and have already 1 seroma in my right side. almost like a stinging numbness burning on the top almost clavicle area. no swelling. my right arm has felt a little numb and also today my right leg thigh has been feeling numb...not sure if those are related. I did call my doctor and he scheduled me 8 days out so he must not be too concerned? should i not be?

Pain after Breast Augmentation

+1

It’s very difficult to make a clinical judgment without knowing more of your history, and certainly without seeing you and I cannot second guess your surgeon’s decision to see you 8 days after your call. Without knowing any of your history, I would most likely have you come into my office immediately for an examination and perhaps some further testing.  

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and Pain 3 Months After Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi,

Usually, the seroma will be resolved as the body will take care of it. However, if you have a hematoma a surgical intervention to drain it will be necessary. So without a photo and physical examination it is hard to provide you with an accurate diagnosis.

As for the burning pain sensation and the numbness in your right arm and leg, I would tell you to keep a close look at the areas  and monitor any worsening if it were to happen.

Visiting your surgeon after a week should not prohibit you from visiting the ER if your situation worsens.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS