3 Months Post Op Benelli Lift and Implants, Uneven Breast. Do I Need a Revision? (photo)

I had a benelli lift with 800 cc silicone implants done 3 months ago, my left breast looks great and dropped.. but my right one looks totally different... the doctor told me to wait till month 6 when my breast should have dropped a lot more. Do I need a revision? he did mention maybe having a second surgery to make the right one drop into the pocket. Is that my best option? I have been massaging it 3 times a day which has helped but not as much as I would like... Thanks for the advice docs!

Breast lift selection

+1

With proper implant selection and quality of your breast tissue you may be a candidate for a Benelli type doughnut mastopexy.  You have the typical result from this type of lift.  It is just a mis match.  This type of lift works best if you are only removing areolar skin.  Also know that this type of breast lift has the highest rate of patient dissatisfaction if it is pushed too far.  I think you are a better candidate for a vertical type breast lift.

3 Months Post Op Benelli Lift and Implants, Uneven Breast. Do I Need a Revision?

+1

Revision--yes. What to do I am not sure. 

The asymmetry is quite obvious. What I cannot tell is whether the left side seems larger than the right. If so I would be concerned about a fluid collection since the implants are the same size and the pre-op breasts look even. 

If they are the same size in a bra, what seems to be the problem is bottoming out, where the implant has descended below the breast fold. You will need surgery to reconstruct that fold. Using a material like Strattice to support the implant and reinforce the fold will be best. Switching to smaller implants would make this less likely to happen in the  future. All the best. 

Ask your doctor for before and after pictures of a similar surgery he has performed before signing up for a revision

+1

Unfortunately, a Benelli lift at the same time as an 800 cc implant is probably not a good idea in the first place - your spread areola may be difficult to fix.  You asymmetry is also not an easy fix - check out pictures of the revision work your doctor has done to be sure you are going to be better and not worse after another operation.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Implants and asymmetry

+1

You definitely have a lot of asymmetry and probably should have gone with a smaller implant. It looks like you will need a revision because the one lower looks too big for your frame and your breast base and it has dropped too low.

Options for Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You do have significant breast asymmetry present. I would agree with your surgeon that it is best to wait before undergoing revision breast surgery;  considering the amount of breast asymmetry present, I think that it is likely that you will eventually benefit from some form of revisionary surgery. Based on the pictures only,  I think you may be best off revising the left breast implant pocket ( capsulorraphy),  to treat relative breast implant “bottoming out” on the left side.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, communicate your questions and concerns, and make sure that he/she has significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Breast asymmetry after augmentation mastopexy is troublesome

+1

Without a full set of photos it tough to say exactly what is going on - I prefer the appearance of your RIGHT breast. On the left breast looks like the implant has bottomed out. Your asymmetry is pretty severe. Talk with your plastic surgeon about options, but I suspect that this asymmetry will persist and not improve without operative intervention.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS