4 Months Post-op - Belly Bulge / Swelling

I had abdominal liposuction post-op 4 months. I still have swelling and there is a buldge above and below the belly button where my pants sit on the waist. I am concerned.  Other than that everything looks great.  What could it be?

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Swelling after liposuction can take time, most of the swelling is gone in 4-6 weeks but it can take 6 months for the final result to show. What you describe could be some residual fat above the muscles that was not removed during the original procedure. It can also be some bulging through a diastasis of the muscles, allowing the intra-abdominal fat that cannot be removed with surgery to bulge through. That would require at least a repair of the muscles.

Bulge after liposuction

+1

A bulge several months after liposuction may represent an area of fat that was not treated as well as other areas, or fluid. Hard to say without an exam.

Swelling/Bulge after Liposuction?

+1

Most likely the “swelling and bulge” is residual adipose tissue and/or skin. I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon who after physical examination  can give you an accurate diagnosis and treatment options.