8 Months Post - Will my Swelling Decrease? (photo)

(Male) the first 3 weeks after my surgery a lot of major swelling got down and then nothing more happened really. I got a injection about 3 months post which reduced swelling on the left and right of the nosetip. But besides that nothing really happend naturally, and my nose is still assymetrical and bulbous. I have thick skin and had open surgery, my tip is still firm too. So I'm wondering at that point if I should expect the nose to get even bigger (scar tissue) or better?

8 Months Post - Will my Swelling Decrease?

+1

In patients with thicker skin, the swelling may take even longer than a year to resolve.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Swelling after a rhinoplasty almost always continues to decrease for at least a year.  This typically will take even longer if you have thick skin.  You should continue to see further tip definition.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling of nasal tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty can take up to a year and sometimes longer to settle. Give it more time.  Good luck.

Swelling can last longer than eight months in the tip after rhinoplasty particularly with thick skin.

+1

Having a rhinoplasty requires a good deal of patience. Even modest swelling in the tip of skewers the final result. It can take many months before the recovery is complete particularly as the skin gets thicker.

Swelling should decrease more over the next 6 months

+1

Swelling in the nasal tip after rhinoplasty usually takes 12 months to resolve however in thicker skin patients I often advise 18 months or more. You should expect the nose to look better gradually over the next 6 months. However results vary based on each persons healing process and other factors such as what was done in surgery. As the previous physician has stated you may get additional improvement with another steroid injection. Discuss this with your surgeon. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Post-op swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Your swelling should continue to go down.  Swelling takes at least one year to resolve after rhinoplasty.  With thick skin, it can take longer.  You should see your surgeon to see if they think you need another steroid injection.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon