2 Months Post Mini Tummy Tuck: Umbilical Area is Hard and Very Sore - Is This Normal?

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

The BB is inflamed, irritated, and has sutures likely causing irritation.  There is a chance there is an infection if there is redness and drainage.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mini tuck and Umbilical area Problems?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you advice without direct examination.

Generally speaking however the area that you are concerned about has been treated with liposuctioning  and you may be dealing with some residual inflammation  of the area. Problems with perfusion (fat  necrosis) may also be the culprit.

It would be in your best interest to follow up with your plastic surgeon  for direct examination and advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Hard umbillicus after mini tuck

+1

If it is two months post op I would recommend you see your surgeon.  There is a possibility of fat necrosis in the area.  This can resolve on it's own but may require a surgical debridement.  Also an infection could make the area also indurated and tender.