Sharp Pain and Stabbing 4 Months Post Breast Augmentation, is It Normal?

4 months post breast augmentation and i feel sharp stabbing and burning pain on the side of my breasts is this normal. Could it be an infection?

4 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

The sharp pain that you are feeling may be a muscle spasm which is normal after a breast augmentation. To be sure that it is not something else, I would definitely follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Sharp pain after breast augmentation

+1

Sharp shooting pains after breast augmentation can be normal for several or can be herald for other problems including develpment of scar tissue and a capsular contracture.  Its important to see your plastic surgeon so that you can be examined and the likely cause to be determined.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain

+1

Breast pain after an augmentation can be so many different things.  Withotu an exam it is impossible to say what the cause could be.

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  I would recommend talking with your surgeon to see what is going on.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast pain after augmentation

+1

If there is no redness and you do not have a fever, it is unlikely that this is an infection. This is probably scar tissue that is forming around your implant. I suggest you see your surgeon to determine if this may be a capsular contracture.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD