Eyelid Was Pulled Down By Doctor 5 Months Post-op Blepharoplasty

I am 5 months post lower lid blepharoplasty . One of the docs pulled my eyelid down many times for eye examination when I went to the er. one day for a severe eye pain. The next day I noticed my eyelid are all the way retracted. What should I do.I am depressed and I cannot leave my house because I looked like a freak with my the white of my eye showing. Please help me.

See your surgeon

+1

I am sorry to hear about your problems.  I would recommend you see your surgeon.  You may be developing ectropion.  This is a retraction of the lid that can have cosmetic and functional consequences.  Warmest regards, Dr. Pippin.

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid malposition won't go away by sitting at home

+1

You need to seek consultation with your surgeon to get her evaluation and opinion.  You don't mention the cause of the pain in that eye, but maybe some inflammatory process is involved here.  Or maybe you just need to massage the lower eyelid, which helps soften scar tissue.  Or maybe you need to start taping the lower lid at night.  But I'm only guessing--you need to be seen and evaluated soon.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Eyelid malposition after blepharoplasty

+1

Malposition of the lower eyelid, or ectropion, may develop after blepharoplasty. This condition should be evaluated by your surgeon. It may be possible to correct with a number of different treatments, and may require surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

HOME BODY

+1

I am sorry to hear about your eyelid.  The best to do is to return to your surgeon so that he/she may evaluate you and develop a plan to address your dropping eyelid.  This is not only a cosmetic problem but is functional.  You need your lower eyelid close to your eye for protection and to prevent drying.  SEE YOUR SURGERON!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS