Two months post breast augmentation - will they look/feel any bigger by the 4th month? (photos)

I'm 20 years old, 5'8" & 135 pounds. I'm a little over 2 months Post BA. I was about a 36A before surgery. I had 325cc Smooth Round Moderate Profile Saline Mentor implants. The left breast was filled to 350 & the right 360. I can't help but wish I went bigger. I feel they go unnoticed w/ clothing. I went from no boobs to small boobs. I was hoping for more cleavage. Will they look/feel any bigger after the 4th month? Is it normal to feel this way? What can I do about it?

Unhappy with size after breast augmentation

+2
Your pre-op photos demonstrate A cup breasts with a tight skin envelope.  Your post-op photos show C cup breasts with implants that are properly centered on the chest and under the nipple-areolar complexes.  There is good symmetry.  The skin envelope is still tight.  In my opinion you have a very nice result, considering the circumstances. 

Now, about your concerns.  First, cleavage.  If the implants are properly centered as outlined above, then there are two factors which affect cleavage; how far apart the patient's breasts are and the base diameter of the implant.  The only way to get more cleavage with constraints of your skin envelope would be to use a wider implant, which would have the unfortunate consequence of less projection.  I think your current implants are a good choice of size and dimensions.

Second, size at 2 months compared to 4 months.  Over time, as the skin envelope gives a little, the implants will settle and the breasts will be softer.  They will feel more natural to you.  However, they will not seem significantly larger.  You have two options for being larger.  First, you can wait until things soften up on their own (maybe 1 or 2 years) and have larger implants inserted.  Second, you could have tissue expanders inserted (like in breast reconstruction) and gradually expanded.  They would then be replaced by larger implants.

Finally, it is normal, early on to have a little bit of regret or "buyer's remorse".  I can assure you that you have a very nice, aesthetically pleasing result.  In my opinion your surgeon inserted about as big of an implant as possible, considering the soft tissues available.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Will breast implants look and feel larger after 4 months

+2
Thank you for your question.  Your breasts will certainly look more natural  and possibly ffuller after 4 months.   The breast implant will descend more beneath the nipple areola  and should make your breast look naturally fuller.  This assumes that your breast implant pockets are adequately  large to allow descent.  Please consult your plastic surgeon about the possibility of breast implant displacement exercises.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Great Result

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  Your result is very good.  They will not get bigger.  There was either no communication or poor communication about your desired size. If you desire a larger size anytime after three months you may discuss with your plastic surgeon implant exchange which will increase your size and at that time I would be very open about the true size you desire.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Not Happy With Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation and healing.
Healing takes more time than people expect and it can be discouraging.

• You are still swollen and things take time to heal. Usually it takes up to three months for the implants to settle down. As the swelling goes away, the implant softens and looks more natural and fuller.
  • You will need at least six months to see your final result. 
If you have serious concerns, it is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.

Best Wishes.

EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
Sorry NO! As you said, "I wish I went bigger!" So now what to do? If after 3 months post op I would re operate to 450 to 500 cc volume... 

Two months post breast augmentation .Is it good?

+1
Many thanks for the question. It seems that you have a large as possible implant that you could have within the limitations of the skin envelope that I am sure you do not enough to have any larger implants.
Given the scenario I don’ think you should think of bad results after surge since your surgeon inserted whatever he could.
May be 2 years from now you should think of greater augmentation.
Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

2 months

+1
I would be surprised to see any dramatic change over the next month or so.  There may still be some settling of the implants, with less upper pole fill, more lower pole fill.  It is quite subjective, but this could make the breasts seem larger. 

Cleavage is not always possible.  Your implants seem properly positioned, centered on the nipples and areolas. For women whose breasts are widely separated before surgery, the breasts will still be widely separated after. 

If after the implants have settled they still seem smaller than you wish, putting in larger implants may be an option. Right now I would say the skin looks pretty tightly stretched, so I would suggest a couple months or more of patience.

Thanks for your letter and photos.  All the best. 

Breast augmentation appearance

+1
Your breasts look quite nice at this point, and will undergo some more changes as time progresses. Best of luck.