5 Months Post Tummy Tuck, Exercising A Ton With No Results Around Incision Site.

I am exercising 6 days a weeks, I am trying harder now than I ever have in my life, it feels like my lower tummy around the incision and pubic area are buldging, my waist is shrinking everyone tells me I look great but I don't see it, will I improve. I feel very discouraged and sad. I do not see my PS until mid november, my visits are further apart now I felt better when I saw her more often. I don't want to let my PS down with my outcome.

Bulging incisdion

+1

This may be swelling which is very common just above the incision so do soem massage to this area and in time it will go down.This can take months so don't despair.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bulging at the incision site.

+1

Congratulations on your continued excercise routine. It is important to keep in mind that swelling often "settles" to the most dependent area of the operation - near the incision. This can take 6 months or more until it goes away. Other instances of bulging are due to discrepancies in the amount of fat above and below the incision. This responds well to liposuction to even out any bulges. If you are still very concerned, call your surgeon and go into the office a little sooner. Most surgeons I know would rather have your mind put at ease than to have you feel as though you were "letting them down."

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

I'm so sorry you are not getting the result you had hoped for. Tummy tuck patients are usually very happy.
My thoughts and suggestions are to call your doctor's office and let them know your concerns and that you want to come in sooner, as it is causing you anxiety.

Sometimes, the answer is different types of exercises to target the specific muscle group, sometimes dietary changes. If extra fat is in the area around the scar, a little touch up liposuction is often helpful.

If you are unsure after seeing you surgeon, sometimes it's worth getting a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience with the procedure.

Best of luck.

Past tummy tuck with swelling.

+1

Don't be discouraged and continue with your continued efforts to keep up an exercise program.. Please don't overdo this, however.  Routine exercising is always better than excessive  effort.  Tummy tucks may take up to one year to improve to their fullest.  You may be a candidate for limited liposuctioning to the abdomen, but your plastic surgeon should be able to answer this question for you.  Just let her know that you want to see her more frequently for your followup visits.

Good luck.

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

I would suggest  that you continue to do what you're doing with your exercise program and allow for another 6 months before you make a final determination of the outcome of the surgery. I tell my patients were having a tummy tuck procedure that will take at least one year to see the final result.

It is quite common for patients who have had this procedure done to experience severe emotional slings (from depression to elation).  It is important to stay even keeled as possible  and understand that your results will likely improve with time.

Close communication and follow-up with your plastic surgeon is important;  I am sure she will be happy to see you sooner for  questions/concerns/reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Contour around tummy tuck incision line

+1

Sounds like you are doing all that you need to be doing with excercise.  Posting some photos will help.  Sometimes liposuction in and around the incision line is helpful if the thickness of fat there is too much.  Scar revision can also be helpful if the scar is too high or the appearence of the scar is not ideal.  Discuss these specifics with your plastic surgeon at the next go around.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com