I'm 2 Months PO, and I Think the Implants Are Too High, Will They Ever Drop?

At first Doctor said I need lifting,but I was scared(scars)and also Im 23 and no kids yet.He changed his mind telling me that augmentation only is gonna be successful anyway,he informed me that they gonna be a little saggy...but they r gonna be full(like how I wanted),so I did 370 cc under muscle.But now after 2 months the implant is still high and Im scared of the lifting.The doctor is very "quiet" and not like before surgery,wich is why Im thinking if there is something wrong with my implants?

Dropping

+1

Give it time. When there is some sagging before surgery, it usually takes longer for the muscle to stretch enough to fill out the skin envelope.

It will take 4-6 months minimum.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Are implants too high or is it that the breasts are too low?

+1

At two months, you are still healing.  I wouldn't do anything for 6 months to a year.

From the photos, it appears that your nipples are at or just below the inframammary fold (crease at the bottom of the breast). Based on this, it is likely that you will need some sort of lift in the future.

I don't think that it is that your breast implants are too high. It is more probable that the breasts themselves are too low and need to be lifted up onto the implants.

Give it some time. You may end up being surprised.  If you don't like the final result, you can get a lift in the future if you want or some type of revision.  I know you don't want scars, but the only way to get rid of the extra skin is to get rid of it.  Scars fade over time and what you want in the end is a breast with a good shape.

I hope this helps and am sorry that it may not be what you want to hear.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

High Implants

+1

Based on your photos it does appear that the implants are high at this moment but the good news is that it is still too early to pass final judgment.  I do believe that based on your pictures, you case is a borderline case and you may have needed a breast lift with your initial surgery.  I would still wait and allow the implants to “settle down” for at least 6 months before any further procedure is done.

Good luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need a full lift to elevate the breasts to the correct height. Yes there will be a scar ut this is the way to correct. 

Breast Ptosis After Implant Augmentation

+1

While it is only two months are surgery and there may be some changes that may still occur, you most likely are looking at the final result. You have breast tissue that is simply down and off the edge of the implants. This is undoubtably reflective of your initial amount of breast sagging. What you really need is a breast lift which will put the nipple and your breast mound back up on top of the implants. While you initially wanted to understandably avoid breast lift scars with an implant augmentation, you now can see that this was wishful thinking.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Too high implants

+1

I think you are still too early to judge the final results, you got to wait for at least  6  months post surgery for the implants to settle to their final position. Although i think the breast lift would give a better results from the start with /without implant. Now my advice to you is to wait and be patient .

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Implants high after breast augmentation

+1

Based on your photos, it does look like your implants are high.  However, it can take up to a year for implants to drop.  It certainly takes longer for patients who had some breast sagging to begin with.  I would advise you to give it  more time.  

That being said, you may end up needing a lift or an adjustment to the implant pocket to lower it in the future.  When I see a patient who I think needs a lift but does not want the additional scars, I show her before and after photos of patients who were in a similar situation but opted not to have the lift.  This way they have realistic expectations, and I know we are on the same "wavelength."  Of course, there are some women who I will not operate on unless they agree to a lift as well as an augmentation.  These are the ones with more than a little bit of breast sagging.

I hope that helps.  Good luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

High-riding breast implants

+1
Breast implants can be higher on the breast initially after breast augmentation and will usually "settle" (or come down) over several months. At two months post-op, one should not be discouraged as it is still early in the healing process. Though the look of he breast is "off" during this time, as the implants settle, the breast will look more full and natural.

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too high?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The good news is that at 2 months postop you have not seen the final results of your surgery. There is a chance that the implants will “settle” and that you will be pleased with the results of surgery eventually. I have seen implants settle up to one year postoperatively.

The bad news is that based on your description you may have started out with a borderline situation ((potentially benefiting  from a breast lift  as well as breast augmentation).  if the breast implants don't fall into position  further surgery may be necessary.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and compliance with any massage/displacement exercises that he/she recommends.

Unfortunately only time will tell whether further surgery will be  beneficial.