4 Months Past Lower Bleph Stil New Wrinkles?

Dr keeps saying wait and offers free peels. Soon as the swelling went down i notice new Lines folds and wrinkles under eyes when i smile that most definitely were not there prior. I smile all the time and look worse now. I saw another Dr who suggested a pinch and filling with body fat. How does that sound?

Lower eyelid wrinkles 4 months after lower blepharoplasty

+2

It's difficult to comment on whether the wrinkles you have 4 months after your lower blepharoplasty are new or not, without viewing your before and after pictures.  Pictures of your eyes now would also be helpful to give you the best advice.  You didn't mention what type of lower blepharoplasty you had.  Was the incision on the outside or the inside of the eyelid and was only fat removed or was skin removed as well?  If there is excess skin contributing to wrinkles now, then a pinch procedure normally will help with that problem.  I can't comment on whether you need fat replaced without seeing pictures first.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Blepharoplasty Wrinkles?

+1

Thank you for your question. After peels and resurfacing, there are frequently more lines as the skin dries out.  This is temporary, and after natural hydration returns, the skin app[ears improved than before.  You have to get past the dry skin period which is usually a few weeks.  use a good eye moisturizing cream, and things should look good.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Expression lines will reemerge in time after lower lid blepharoplasty.

+1

Expression lines are generated by muscular function. Temporarily they may be ameliorated by lower eyelid surgery but will reemerge over time.

PICTURES WILL GIVE THE ANSWER

+1

Persistent wrinkles can be due to a number of things.Pre-0perative and Post-0perative photographs are really mandatory in order to give a meaningful opinion.Possibilities include texture changes which would benefit from resurfacing with either lasers or chemicals.Excess skin which would benefit from removal.Expressive wrinkles which would benefit from Botox or possibly fillers with either synthetics or fat.So there are a number of options.Pictures will give the answer.

Lorne M. Tarshis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photos would be especially helpful here.

+1

Bottom line, I recommend getting several opinions before deciding how best to proceed here.  Obviously you are disappointed after your initial procedure and you are at a point in time were you should have a very good idea of the final result.