Is 8 Months Long Enough to Wait for Revision Rhinoplasty?

I'm a 21 year old male who had a septo/rhinoplasty back in December of 2010. As of right now I have tip ptosis, hanging columella, and a relatively undefined supratip break. My surgeon wants to do a revision rhinoplasty in August. Should I be worried? thanks

Timming of revision rhinoplasty

+1

The timming of a revision rhinoplasty varries with the problem. In general terms most surgeons want to wait at least one year. Changes occur slowly in nasal surgery and you need to wait in most cases until you results are stable.

Revision rhinoplasty timing

+1

Without examining your nose it is hard to say what the best timing is for your revision rhinoplasty. A lot depends on what was done during the original surgery and what approaches were used. You typically want your nose to be stabilized so that there isn't a moving target, so to speak, with regard to any planned external changes.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+1

Although 1 year is the 'textbook' waiting period for revision rhinoplasty many revisions can be safely performed after 6 months

Sam Naficy, MD