It's Been Four Months Since my Liposuction Procedure, It Looks the Same As Before the Surgery with Some Extra Scars

I am 24 years old, male, and I had tumescent liposuction in my abdomen a little over four months ago. The Doctor mentioned afterwards that he had a very tough time and had to beat the area up because of how fibrous the fat was. As of right now my stomach looks like it did prior to the surgery. The skin is loose and there is some fat left. Also, one side is considerably more raised than the other. I have an appointment with doctor tomorrow, and I'd appreciate some advice on what to say.

Liposuction results after four months

+3

You may have gotten a better result than you realize.  Quite often when we take after pictures and put them beside the before pics the difference becomes apparent.

The fact that your skin is loose and you can still feel some fat is normal. Liposuction even by laser does not do much to tighten the skin.

Looking at your pictures, the only area that looks like it might need a touch up is right around the navel. This area often holds on to the fat and could easily be reduced a little more.

Finally, looks like a nice white lab laying on the bed behind you. Aren't dogs great!

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+1

it can take three to six months to see the full effect. Ask your doctor to compare the preoperative photos with your examination. It can take longer for surgery on the fibrous type of fat to induce collagen contraction since the tissue is not loose to begin with. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

Tumescent Lipo

+1

When treating fibrous fat, the risk of no change is very high due to technology being needed to prepare the fat.  The fat is just too tough for aspiration alone.  We use the Vaser, especially on fibrous fat due to the problem of fat being nearly impossible to remove without high tech assistance.  We use the Vaser routinely now, and on patients who have had 2-3 previous attempts at fat removal with no success, we can now remove fat as they wanted.  The Vaser is the great equalizer. We see many patients who have had previous attempts at lipo, and now are successful with the procedure.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon