Six Months Post Rhinoplasty and my Nose Still Looks Bigger than my Old Nose?

i had rhinoplasty and its been 6 months already and my nose still look bigger than my old nose. if there is some infection or complications, is it still going to be healed?

Nose bigger six months post rhinoplasty

+2

It is common for your nose to have swelling post rhinoplasty, however it usually is not larger then it was prior to surgery in the six month post operative phase. With this said I am unaware of what exactly was done to your nose and what your preoperative and post operative diagnosis was. I would see your surgeon for a post operative appointment and discuss your concerns and have these questions answered so that you may put your mind at ease. Certainly if you are worried of any signs of infection redness, tenderness, temperature etc you should contact your surgeons office asap. best regards!

Nose Bigger Six Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry but we don't know what your nose looked like before surgery, what was done during the operation, and what you presently look like. All this information with pictures would help us answer your question. However, i can say that the final appearance of your nose will not be evident for at least one year after surgery. 

6 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Without knowing what your nose lookled like before surgery and then what was done during surgery, makes it difficult to give you an answer. In general, the nose may stay swollen for up to a year and this may contribute to your concerns.

+1

Rhinoplasty healing time and residual swelling can and does vary greatly between patients depending on what was done during the Rhinoplasty, skin thickness etc.  You might want to have this discussion with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

+1

Hi,

If you had surgery 6 months ago, unless you have an implant, its doubtful you have an infection at this time. I would advise a second opinion , it may be scar tissue.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Can nose look bigger six months after rhinoplasty

+1

Though we often talk casually about a 'smaller' nose after rhinoplasty, the idea can be difficult to translate into just how the nose is to look afterward. It is possible for the nose to look bigger if the bridge needed support or the nose needed length, but to look 'bigger' we feel would have to have been a part of the surgical plan explained to you. We hope you looked at computer simulations in order to understand your rhinoplasty goals.

6 months post-op

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose.  Thicker skinned noses in general need plenty of time to develop their final shape – you may wish to see your surgeon about Kenalog injections

Sam Naficy, MD