5 Months After my Tummy Tuck with Lipo, and Looks Like I'm 3 Months Pregnant Sometimes

I feel like I am 3 months pregnant woman sometimes; when I have my stomach suck in is fine but when I don't this is how I look I include some pictures, Just wondering is normal at this point. Thank you!

+4

Your so kindly posted photos demonstrate a poorly repair of your lower abdominal muscles. Return to your surgeon or seek second in person opinions. 

Tummy tuck revision can repair the separated rectus muscles.

+3

Hi.

There are some good features about your tummy tuck.  For instance, the scar is nice and low.  But your pictures suggest that you might benefit by closing the separation between your rectus muscles (diastasis).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Not happy 5 months after a tummy tuck

+3

It appears that your abdominal muscles were not tightened enough or the stitches became disrupted.  If your are truly able to flatten your stomach by sucking it in then it is unlikely that you have excess fat or fluid accumulation.  I suggest that you see your surgeon to get his input and maybe get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op tummy tuck surgery

+3

I agree with the other surgeon's that possibly you didn't have the muscle tightening OR it has come apart because that is not a typical tummy tuck result.  I would suggest having your surgeon examine you and discuss your options regarding your situation to see what can be done to improve your situation.

Concerns about protuberant abdomen after having a tummy tuck

+3

What you are describing and what your photos appear to show is that there might not have been enough tightening of your muscles during the performance of your tummy tuck. The plication (sewing together) of the muscles will result in flattening of your abdomen; the more that is done, the flatter the result. This of course is influenced by your intraabdominal volume which can limit the amount of tightening that can be performed and the amount of flatness that can be obtained. This latter situation does not appear to be an issue with you.

The best way to definitively assess your situation would be to obtain a second opinions from reputable board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Intra abdominal fat will cause a protuberant abdomen

+3

While lipsuction and tummy tuck (abdominal paniculectomy) and plication of the diastasis recti (reapproximating the abdominal muscles) can change the external appearence of you abdomen, only weight loss can reduce the protuberant abdomen from intra abdominal fat. If you can suck you abdomen in and signifcantly improve your contour, then you probably have intra abdominal fat which you can reduce by weight reduction. It appears that your surgeon has done a very nice job contourning the outside of you abdomen. Unfortunately your surgeon could do nothing about the intra abdominal fat. I always point this out to my patients before the surgery and encourage my patients to loose the intra abdominal fat or any extra weight before the surgery 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Muscle tone after tummy tuck

+3

Muscle tone should be much better after tummy tuck and your photo shows more laxity than most. It is important to realize though that everyone can protrude their stomach to a degree, and pull in with good posture. Some individuals get in a habit of relaxed abdominal tone and sway back. If you can pull in, then strengthening with a trainer will help you improve your contour.

peterejohnsonmd

Possible reasons...

+3

It is hard to make a judgement without seeing your preop photos, however I believe your contour issues could be from: 1. A muscle tightening that was not done or failed. 2. Weight gain. 3. An undiagnosed fluid collection. You need to see your surgeon for an exam to see what the problem is. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy Tummy Tuck

+2

I agree with Dr. Klink.  If you suck in your stomach and the appearance is improved then the most likely cause is failure of the muscle tightening.  You should revisit with your operating surgery to discuss remedies to this and other possible causes

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS