7 Months out After Tuck/lipo - Should I Look Like This? (photo)

Dr. says I need an anterior lift to remove all the skin/fat you see me pinching. From the side I look 5 months pregnant. He did a great job removing the mess that sat on top of my belly but this was not my expected result. Not to mention I was told my stretch marks would be pulled to the pubic area. My first laproscopic scar sits in the same place it always was...right about my bellybutton. I weigh about 118 and am 5'5. Thoughts comments?

Loose skin

+1

When you have loose skin the only way to get rid of it is through surgery.This will mena another scar but that is what needs to be done

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks after a tummy tuck

+1

It appears as though your results are nice, but it's hard to tell without examining you.  However, if you have any concerns you should address them with your plastic surgeon.  You can also get a second opinion from a nearby plastic surgeon if you'd like.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Tummy tuck results

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos how your stomach looks. It is always helpful to see pre-op photos as well.  If you have rebound laxity because of poor skin quality, then you may need additional tissue excised from at least the sides as you show in the photos.

Tummy Tuck Result Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on the limited photographs, the anterior abdomen looks quite nice; it appears that you have some “redundant” tissue along the sides. It may be that you will benefit from revisionary surgery that involves removing additional skin/position plus/minus liposuction surgery along the sides.

I would suggest repeat follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  communicate your concerns in a calm/constructive fashion.  Keep in mind, that  plastic  surgeons are very motivated to end up with patients who are pleased with the results of their surgery.

Abdominoplasty result

+1
Better photos would be of benefit here. Your abdominal skin has a lot of stretch marks and I am deducing that your skin is not elastic and did not snap back as you may have hoped.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Should I look like this ?

+1

Preop photos are very important here. Difficult to judge the result without seeing what the abdomen looked like before the surgery.  

Clifford King, MD
Middleton Plastic Surgeon

Should I Look Like This?

+1

From the two central photos, I am seeing quite a good contour and good scars. I can't tell what you looked like before, as there are no pre-op photos. The end photos, where you are pinching the skin shows some excess at the ends of the incisions, where you would not have expected any tightening unless the TT was carried all the way around your back.

It would be helpful to see a straight on post op photo, (as well as pre-ops, and pinch photos that show the whole abdomen). 

I am not sure what an anterior lift would be. If it what most would call a vertical lift, then you would have a large vertical incision, and I don't see margin for improvement of your contour. That incision would allow you to have less vertical excess, but that is not a visible problem as I see it. Having that scar so that your "pinch test" was better would not be a good trade-off.

Thanks for presenting an interesting problem. Best wishes.