Rippling, Uneven Breasts a Sign of Implant Leaking?

Hi, I had breast augmentation and lift 7 months ago. In the last 2 months I have noticed the right is bigger and fuller than the left. I think it is becoming more noticable visually. Also there are ripples appearing in the left... Could the left implant be leaking?

Sudden implant rippling and wrinling after implant augmentation

+1

Wtih saline implants, it is possible to experience implant wrinkling with partial deflation. With silicone implants, it may be a sign of capsular contracture.

Rippling could mean implant leaking

+1

If you have saline implants and one appears smaller than the other, and that smaller one has noticeable rippling, you may indeed be experiencing a leaking implant. It's not dangerous, but it is best treated sooner rather than later.  See your plastic surgeon, who can guide you.  She may or may not want to do an ultrasound if the leak is questionable.  Otherwise, it's not unreasonable to just go to surgery, if the leak is apparent to your surgeon.

You would just need an implant exchange.  Your implants are likely under warranty, so that would cover the cost of the new implant and a portion of the actual surgery cost. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give you more information about this.

Carmen Kavali, MD