Almost 3 Months After Sculptra...how Long Will It Take to Get my Original Face and Features Back?

3 months after a doc injected 1 vial of sculptra in my cheek hollows I am left with a chipmunk face, changed the planes, contors, feateres of my face, I do not look like me anyore. I used to have a very defined face with pronounced cheeks and a tight jawline and a small chin. Now I have too much volume in the lower central cheek which gives me a monkey look with a broad square jawline, no cheekbones visible anymore and sunken eyes. How long will it take to see myself more looking like me again?

Sculptra effect

+1

If you are unhappy with the results from Sculptra, they are not permanent but you must be patient. It may last up to 2 years or more. However with the small volume you received you should be on the lower end of that timeline.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy with Sculptra treatment

+1

It's hard for me to believe that you can really have the changes you describe 3 months later after having only one vial of Sculptra injected. An increase in volume is quite gradual, starting 3 months after the injection and achieving a maximum at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. I suggest you look for other causes for your "chipmunk" face. The cosmetic augmentation from Sculptra has been noted to last up to at least 24 months.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon