2 Months After Rhinoplasty, the Tip Seems to Be Reforming As It Was Before; is This Possible? (photo)

I had a Rhinoplasty 2 months ago. The procedure including a nasal bump reduction and tip revision to make the end of my nose appear smaller. I was initially very happy with the revision as it was very subtle but made a definite change to my face. Over the past week or so I've notice the end of my nose seems to be filling out into the shape it was before! As it's only early days, should I wait and allow more healing time or is this an indication that my nose will indeed reform as before?

Tip Results Of A Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your before/after photos.

I believe that you should a little more patient as you are at 2 months post-surgery.

Usually, the final results get established around 12 months after your surgery.

Currently, your nose exhibits swelling that will subside with time; nature has to take its course.

Thank you for your question and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

After Rhino

+1

Yes, some of the previous features may evolve after rhinoplasty.  However, you should get a stable result after 12 months.  See what nasal exercises your surgeon has for you at this time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon