8 Months After Rhinoplasty - Asymmetrical Nose Tip and Nostrils, is It Normal? (photo)

I used to have a very large nose, with a bump and a very bulbous nose tip, so I believe it suffered a huge trauma with my rhinoplasty - is that correct? Does swelling depend on how much work was done, because I've read that after 6 months any asymmetry is probably not due to residual swelling, and it makes me really worried. My nose tip goes slightly to the left and my nostrils are very different in size (attached photos). Is this at all normal? Will I still see any changes in the future?

8 Months After Rhinoplasty - Asymmetrical Nose Tip and Nostrils, is It Normal?

+1

Best to obtain IN PERSON opinions NOPW1 to see if a revision is worth the effort and downtime for you. 

+1

I would wait at least a year before assessing this, and then remember that a revision will never make a nose perfectly symmetric.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty swelling gone after 8 months.

+1

Hi.

The good news is that from your pictures, I would say you have really major improvement.  Don't worry about slight asymmetry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asymmetrical Nose Tip and Nostrils, is It Normal?

+1

Greetings, thanks for your question, after a rhinoplasty the  edema can persist in some cases up to 1 year, especially at the tip, but it  is not the most common, to give a more accurate review  we need to see your  preoperative photographs to  compare  because human body normally  is not symetric at all , but  I have to tell you  that statistically 10 to 15% of patients undergoing rhinoplasty may require further  surgery  for review, during  the surgery the surgeon pursues symmetrical results but the edema  may be  cause  of error, also  postsurgical edema or swelling  may be asymmetric and  might confuse,  You must wait until 1  or  2 years to make any corrective  surgery, talk to your surgeon about your concern

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Asymmetrical Tip and Nostrils 8 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

It frequently takes at least 1 one for tip swelling to resolve, especially in a patient that had significant reduction during their rhinoplasty operation. Your concerns may resolve over the next few months. Remember, perfect symmetry is not a reasonable goal.