I Am Six Months After Rhinoplasty and Still Have a Bump in my Bridge?

this bump appeared 3 or 4 weeks after surgery,at first i was keeping put my hand on it to feel how big is it but my doctor advised me not to do that to avoid irritation the skin over it and make the bump get bigger,but now i am 6 months after but it is still exist and i am not comfortable for it's shape from side,i asked him last time and he told me after one year if it is still exist he will use filler junction but i am not happy for this decision? please help me what about the filler idea ?

Bump on bridge 6 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. In general, it can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. It would be best to give it some time and see how you heal.  I would not advise having filler injected in the nose. I have seen too many complications arise, including rejection, asymmetry, infection, and necrosis (the tissue dies). From here, I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any additional post-operative concerns. They know the extent of your surgery and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Residual hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Some residual hump of the dorsum after rhinoplasty is unusual , but not unheard of.  This is usually for one of two reasons: 1) a little more needed to be taken, or, 2) some periosteum ( lining of the bone) is making a little more bone and growing a new hump.  Tis can easily be fixed surgically.  I do not recommend fillers.  Revision of a rhinoplasty is not unusual.  Most are minor with a quick recovery.  I expect my patients to pay for the operating room for a revision, and I generally wave any professional fee for things like this.

Talmage Raine MD FACS        drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rhinoplasty for Residual Hump #nosejob

+1

It is difficult to advise you more specifically without a photograph. But, filler is an option for many people or you may need a revision of the dorsal bump if it persists down the road.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Question about a dorsal bump of the nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

The bump may be at the cartilagenous - bony junction of the nose and may be normal healing especially if it was not noticeable in the firsrt few weeks.  If you can only feel the bump and not see it through the skin then leave it alone. If it persists after 1 year then you may need a minor revision. 

Rhinoplasty for Residual Hump

+1

Waiting for a year is not unreasonable and neither is filler injection.  Of course, a revision of the rhinoplasty could be performed as well but this does set in motion the healing process again.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rasping(filing) a bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

Rasping(filing) a bump after rhinoplasty is my preferred way of doing this instead of fillers which are temporary.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Small bumps that persist after rhinoplasty can be treated with filler to camouflage but most often can be easily rasped down if they are bony. If it is distinct then this could even be done at 6 months unless there is concern that early intervention could lead to over or under correcting. I would recommend you to have further discussion with your surgeon about your concerns and his/her recommendations.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump post rhinoplasty

+1

without a consultation it is difficult for another surgeon to give you his recommendation, but you could get filler injections now to camoflage the bump. Possibly a steroid injection to bring down the scar tissue, but it may be late for that. Other than those items, a minor touch up may be necessary, but normally it is not performed for about a year.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon