Can I Get Help With Lots Of Questions 2 Months After Rhino? (photo)

So it's been 2 months since rhino, I have some questions on nose shape. First, will the columella, nostrils and tip decrease in size or is this the size that will stay? I want a much smaller nose, will I need a revision? Also the side of the nose at the height of the cheeks, will it be less prominent? Another thing is the left nostril is different than the right, is too early to see if I will need a revision? And finally, the columella is still very stiff, is this normal. Thank you in advance

2 Months After Rhinoplasty

+2

All the tissues including the columella will soften up but it will take months. Swelling also takes months as it goes hand in hand with the stiffness. Less swelling, smaller nose. Nostrils start out being different from the gitgo. You just didn't notice it before surgery and now your scrutinizing it excessively. Look at your before photos and you will see that I am right.

Revsion Rhino ?

+2

It is difficult to comment without your preop photos. You are still very early in the healing process and it would be inadvisable to even consider a revison at this point. I think your nose looks like it is healing nicely . .I would not recommend a  'smaller " nose . You may have a " strut " in your columella to strengthen it or your medial crura may have been sutured together for adequate tip strength whcih woudl account for this stiffness. You should bring your concerns to your surgeon but I want to reassure you that your nose looks quite good at this point.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon