Eight Months After Neck Lipo and No Improvement. How Long Should I Wait?

I received neck lipo about eight months ago, and the day after the procedure, there was visible improvement to my neck contour. But that improvement disappeared, and now my neck looks as it did before the procedure. Even more, I continue to have firmness in my neck, and this is concerning. My practitioner (a PA) said results can take up to a year, but 3 docs have discredited that. I'm stuck. Sure appreciate any expert insights or similar experiences. Thanks!

Liposuction of the neck

+1

At this point you should see the results that you will have.  WIthout an exam it is difficult to tell yoiu what would be best for you. A neck llift may be something to investigate if you have loose skin

Liposuction, facelift, necklift, cosmetic surgery

+1

Why is you practicioner a PA.  Did the PA perform the procedure.  I agree with the others that after the swelling subsides that the results should be realized within 3-6 months depending on the quality of the skin and the relationship of the muscle and fat beneath.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Neck lipo; when do you get your result

+1

most of the time with liposuction, the result is "realized" in 3-4 months. I would expect you have achieved whatever it is you can from this procedure. There are several things that contribute to fullness of the neck. Skin, fat, and muscle all need to be evaluated to determine the best treatment option

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Liposuccion

+1

After all this time if your have not seeing improvement of the neck , I belive you will not see it in the future.  It is possible that the problem was not fat  rather other structures like muscles and skin

Alejandro J. Quiroz, MD, FACS
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the neck

+1

If you saw improvement after the liposuction, I would imagine you can get long term improvement. Swelling should not still be present at one year. If you had some excessive firmness related to increased collagen production then you won't see the improvement from the fat reduction. I'm not sure why you would hve this firmness. Was there a collection of blood called a hematoma? Possibly external ultrasound will help. See a second opinion in person for an evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Loose neck after lips

+1

This is difficult to assess without photos. However, persistent skin laxity after neck liposucition is more related to skin redundancy than residual fat. A face and neck lift may be a better option for you.