4 month old raised trauma scar on chin. Little progress over past 2 months. (photos)

Trauma scar that was sutured too late, now raised. Have massaged nightly, with little progress. Very small amount of occasional pain. Saw plastic surgeon/laser specialist at 2 months after trauma, was told that it was still too soon to do anything and that I must be patient. Now, 2 months later, I've seen very little progress and continue to be patient. Not concerned about width of scar or loss of follicles, only the swelling/raised portion, would like to know options/prognosis. Thank you.

Alopecia scars on the chin and Plato's Scar Serum for hypertrophic scars

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision. The chin scar contains both alopecia and hypertrophic elements. We would advise early application of Plato's Scar Serum followed by either tattooing of the scar or FUE. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

4 month old raised trauma scar on chin. Little progress over past 2 months.

+1
This scar will likely continue to improve for the first year following injury. With that said, bulky scar tissue can often be treated with steroid injections and smoothed with ablative laser resurfacing. I would recommend that you return to the plastic surgeon your spoke with several months back or seek another consultation at this point. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon