1 Month Postop Smart Lipo Pain?

I am 52 & had smart lipo 4 weeks ago on my  abdomen and on my sides.   I am still experiencing a lot of pain / burnt sensation.  It seems to be so tight that it feels like it is going to tear away from my pelvic area.  It takes a few minutes to stretch to a stand. I can not bend over all the way. When I am sitting with no movement, it is fine but when I move at all I get the burning pulling pain.  I am using my garment and doing my massages as instructed.   Is what I am experiencing normal?  

Full recovery time

Make a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to make sure you are healing properly. Pain and swelling are normal for 1 month after the procedure.

1 Month after Smartlipo and Burning Sensation

Scar tissue can adhere and form densely in the healing process.   This can produce a feeling of tightness.  The burning can be recovering nerves following liposuction.  However, your description sounds more severe than the usual patient, and I would recommend that you get reassurance from your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Severe pain after smart lipo

Liposuction should not be that uncomfortable at one month. Most of my patients after "traditional" lipo are usually doiing quite well at a month.  You probably should be seen by your surgeon.

Abdomen

Yes. Pain is different for each patient and the feeling of tightness is good. You are undergoing a major procedure healing process.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD