1 Month Postop Smart Lipo Pain?

I am 52 & had smart lipo 4 weeks ago on my  abdomen and on my sides.   I am still experiencing a lot of pain / burnt sensation.  It seems to be so tight that it feels like it is going to tear away from my pelvic area.  It takes a few minutes to stretch to a stand. I can not bend over all the way. When I am sitting with no movement, it is fine but when I move at all I get the burning pulling pain.  I am using my garment and doing my massages as instructed.   Is what I am experiencing normal?  

Full recovery time

+1

Make a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to make sure you are healing properly. Pain and swelling are normal for 1 month after the procedure.

1 Month after Smartlipo and Burning Sensation

+1

Scar tissue can adhere and form densely in the healing process.   This can produce a feeling of tightness.  The burning can be recovering nerves following liposuction.  However, your description sounds more severe than the usual patient, and I would recommend that you get reassurance from your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Severe pain after smart lipo

+1

Liposuction should not be that uncomfortable at one month. Most of my patients after "traditional" lipo are usually doiing quite well at a month.  You probably should be seen by your surgeon.

Abdomen

+1

Yes. Pain is different for each patient and the feeling of tightness is good. You are undergoing a major procedure healing process.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD