3 Month Post Rhinoplasty. My Nose is Narrow and Smaller Than What I Wanted. Are Dermal Fillers an Option?

I had open rhinoplasty 3 months ago to remove a bump on the bridge and decrease tip projection- to improve my profile. Now that a lot of the swelling has subsided my nose looks narrow, my bridge is slightly scooped and the tip has been taken back too far.I am considering non-surgical options are dermal fillers an option?I have heard that fillers are not really advised to be used for projecting the tip of the nose, is this correct? Is 3 months post op too early for fillers?

Dermal fillers for tip and bridge of the nose

+1

Dermal fillers are an option for the bridge of the nose. However, I would not advise using dermal fillers for the tip of the nose. Good luck! 

Narrow Small Nose 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You should wait longer than 3 months after your rhinoplasty to make any changes. In response to your question regarding the use of fillers, I feel they are appropriate to treat mild irregularities but not for major changes like yours that are best corrected with cartilage grafts and other permanent alternatives to reconstruct your nose.

3 months post-op

+1

It sounds like you would benefit from a revision using cartilage grafting to rebuild the nose.  In general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision.  There are a number of good reasons for this, which your surgeon can discuss with you.  It would be a good idea to avoid injections this early.

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty adjustments

+1

At 3months it is too soon to perform any modifications.  Give it more tim to heal then consider a second opinion.