1 Month Post Rhinoplasty and I Have a Bump on the Bridge, and a Crooked Tip? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 1 month ago and I have a small hard bump on my top of the bridge of my nose..it doesn't allow my profile to be completely smooth visually, and it's a hard bump. I also have a crooked tip from the front, it leans more to the left when i smile. I had my 4 week postop appointment today and my doctor noticed all of these problems and said that I was still swollen. I'm just hesitant and nervous there's a problem. Is this common 4 weeks post op? Is it swelling or is it serious?

1 month after rhinoplasty and I have a bump on the bridge and a crooked tip?

+1

1 month is still soon after your procedure, and there is swelling present that will affect your result. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your surgery. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal, as it is too early to come to any conclusions. Follow up with your surgeon, as he or she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Final appearance of rhinoplasty isn't yet visible one month post-rhino

+1

You're currently at the stage of healing when the nose changes shape frequently. Do not assume that this is the final result of your rhinoplasty, as the nose is still swelling and the tissues normalizing. If the bump and crooked tip are still present many months from now, it will be necessary to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. In the meantime, try to remain calm and remember that this process is normal. Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Irregularities 1 Month Out From Rhinoplasty

+1

At only 1 month out from surgery, these type of visual changes are not uncommon. Some or all of what you might be seeing can be attributed to surgical swelling. Be patient and see how these areas change over the next few months. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetries after a rhinoplasty

+1

You are still very early in the post operative recovery period following your rhinoplasty.  Given time these minor asymmetries and bumps will most likely resolve. 

Hump after rhinoplasty #rhinoplasty #plastic surgery

+1

It is common to have a slight hump at this point. Be patient and allow the swelling to come down. As for the tip, I would have to see a picture.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon