1 Month Post-Op Open Tip Rhinoplasty, How Long Would I Need to Wait to Have Revision Done?

I had Tip open- rhinoplasty.I'm one month post-opp,not alot done,refinement of the tip/+ a raised bridge to create a more masculine look.I was happy with the results at first. I'm now growing more concerned as the swelling is going down.I liked having a bigger nose,as was discused prior to my surgery. Do I have to wait a full year for revision? All I want is a more elivated bridge? My surgeon is capable of performing the revision. He also specializes in revision. Should the price be disounted?

Revision Rhinoplasty Is Usually Done After Six to Nine Month, Minimum

+3

Give it some time. Right now, things are probably at their worst.

Nature will bring the swelling down and the nose will look different and hopefully better in another couple of months. Generally, at six months after surgery, you and your surgeon can decide if revision rhinoplasty is wise and when it should be done.

Right now, stay cool and give Nature a chance.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

+2

At 1 month post open Rhinoplasty it's to soon to be planning the next Rhinoplasty.  Give yourself several months to see the final results after which you should discuss any further options with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty timelines

+2

The short answer to your question is you need to wait close to one year. The main reason is to give time for all of the swelling to resolve and the final position of the nose to be established. Also, it is technically more difficult to operate on a nose sooner than that and more complications can arise.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal revision

+2

The tip is still swollen and at one month after an open rhinoplasty you do not have a reasonable idea of how things will look. You need close to a year to assess things.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Revision

+1

Revision of your rhinoplasty should wait a year. At one month you are still very swollen and the tissues are very stiff.  AS for the fee, that is something to take up with the doctor's office.

Timing of Tip Revision

+1

You cannot judge your result 1 month aftter rhinoplasty because things will change as healing progresses. Wait another 8-10 months before you and your surgeon decide if a revision is necessary. 

Time for revision

+1

You are jumping ahead of yourself. Things are going to change and it is premature to start thinking about revision. You need to be patient and wait at least 9-12 months. Keep your expectations realistic-this is not a decorating event where you decide you don't like the shade and want the color darker etc and so just do it. You need t alow time to adjust to the results.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon