1 Month Post Op, my Implants Have Hardly Dropped, Should I Go Braless??

I had 600cc smooth round cohesive mentor HP under the muscle 4 weeks ago. They are not dropping and the upper pole is still very full, the lower is lose with very little filling. I have read here about ace strap ( which I have went back to wearing at night), massage which i have faithfully done three to four times daily, and ibuprofen and suggestions of time and gravity. My question is, should I go braless a few hours per day ( night after I get home from work) to promote the 'gravity' factor?

Wait

+1
Your implants will drop after about three to four months. As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing, so you don't have to worry about not having "enough skin".  

Tissue expansion allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

I don't recommend you go braless right now, as it can adversely affect your recovery, particularly if you have an inframammary incision. It can also accelerate the rate of ptosis.

Wait at least 2 months

+1

The best thing to do is speak to your Plastic surgeon.  But, you should wait at least 2 months to get an idea as to how much the implants will drop.  With 600cc implants (which is on the large side) it may take longer; also if you are young with any full term pregnancies it would also take even longer.  It could also be that the implant is not positioned properly and even if this was the case you should wait at least 2 months and follow the progress.  I never use straps to push implants down.

Andre Aboolian, MD

+1

You should speak with your surgeon regarding this matter.  600cc is quite a large implant, it will take some time for them to settle. I don't even take after pictures until my patients are at least six months out from surgery.  It takes a bit for all the swelling to subside and the skin to stretch.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Post-op care after breast augmentation

+1

Each surgeon has a different way of handling breast augmetation and certianly ane xam is necessary to evaluate each patient.  This is something best discussed with your surgeon. In general, I do not use bandeaus to push them down.

High riding implants

+1

I tell my patients that you will see a big difference between one month and three months in the implants "dropping".  Anything that holds them up and keeps gravity from helping push them down will delay gravity somewhat.  So if you wish for them to drop sooner, I would encourage you not to wear a supportive bra.  But you should go see your plastic surgeon and ask them what they recommend.  Good question.

Dan Mills, MD

High implants

+1
Augmentation under the muscle causes tightness in that muscle which delays the droppage of the implants. This normally takes six months after surgery to occur and you should see improvement over time. GIven the size of your implants, I would expect that the muscle will take longer than usual to relax. I do not believe that going braless will speed the healing process. Be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Implants Too High

+1

I have seen breast implants settle/drop for many months ( and sometimes even up to a year)  after surgery. Going bra less can't  hurt,  but won't necessarily “promote the gravity factor”. I would suggest you continue to do what you are otherwise doing and to follow up with your plastic surgeon.