9 Month Post-op Rhinoplasty, and Nose is Still Sore to the Touch?

I had Rhinoplasty 9 months ago, my nose is still sore to the touch, is this normal? Also the tip seems to be somewhat dropping?

Persistent pain 9 months after rhinoplasty

+2

Some discomfort may still be present 9 months after rhinoplasty, but significant pain and tenderness are unusual. It could be just a musculoskeletal pain due to surgical trauma.  Make sure there is no redness, swelling, or discharge which could signify an infection.

Tip ptosis, or "droopy tip", is a fairly common and unfortunate sequela of rhinoplasty. It is impossible to comment further on this as you did not provide any pictures.  It would be a good idea to share your concerns with your surgeon.

Pain in nose 9 months after surgery

+2

It is unusual for patients to have nasal tip pain 9 months after surgery. It is unlcear to me why this would be the case, and best to be seen in person and review the surgical procedure that you had.

+2

I think you failed to paint Betadine soution 5% as paint inside your nose soon after surgery along with genatadex eye ointment  ( gentamycin + steoid ) since the inflammation at sub clinical level was not teared then.Now its scar that is sore.I am not sure if your surgeon suggested these medications.I am sure finally you will be ok.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

9 Months Results After Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Suzy,

Usually, a 12-14 months period is required so all swelling is resolved and to obtain the final results of the Rhinoplasty.

Some patients with thicker skin use couple of additional months for swelling to subside.

Without your photographs and physical examination, it is hard to give you an exact diagnosis of your current status.

I encourage you to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress.

In case a revision is to be considered, it is best performed when complete recovery is established.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS