2 Month Post Op Rhino/septoplasty and Have Supratip Swelling?

Hi, i had rhinoplasty/septoplasty 2 months ago. Now i notice a visible supratip swelling that gives an image of a hump. When i tape this area my nose changes its shape but the hump shows again after little time(after removal of tape). Does this mean its just swelling(if it changes shape while taping) or its a pollybeak deformity? Thanks

Supratip edema

+1

Dear Rac21,

Without photographs and physical examination it is hard to assess the extend of your supratip swelling or damage.

I encourage you to consult with your physician who could decide what is best for you upon examination.

Normally, swelling will subside with time.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Supratip fullness after rhinoplasty

+1

Recommend getting Kenalog ( Steroid ) shot in the supratip area to prevent scarring. Swelling will resolve with time. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Supratip swelling

+1

If with taping it goes down, then it is most likely swelling which should get better with time. If concerned, talk with your surgeon.