One month post op nose revision, nose looks short. Will it look better when it subsided?

I had a post op nose revision about a month now, and my nose looks shorter than before, and my nostrils are bigger to the front. I look like i have a short nose pig nose. Will it look better when it subsided?

Short nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear tash87,

1. It may remain short, but it is hard to tell without pictures
  2. The best time to tell is after 6 months
  3. Before that time, you would not do much to the nose anyway

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Short Nose

+1

There is no way for online consultants to give you a meaningful answer without detailed photos. In general, however, a short nose at one month may actually be a short nose. If it is going to come down, then 3 months is a good deadline. It is true that there will still be swelling, but not the kind that would continue to lift the nasal tip.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Nose dropping

+1

The nose tip will drop with time as the swelling goes out of your nose so be patient.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Nose is Shorter Following Rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the swelling should take upwards of 1-2 years to fully resolve. In the meantime, the tip may begin to drop down thus lengthening the nose a bit. However, this really depends on what was done to your tip. In many cases, rhinoplasty surgeons will intentionally move the nasal tip up in anticipation that it will drop down during the healing process. You should clarify these concerns with your surgeon. Happy healing.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.