Over 1 month Post-op Asian Rhinoplasty and osteotomy, the front is still flat and undefined? (photo)

I had endoscopic surgery 5 weeks ago with silicone insert + ear cartilage as well as osteotomy. My profile view has improved but the front view looks very undefined and flat. Is it swelling that is causing this or has it just been a all too natural improvement? In some lighting, the nose bridge even looks non existent just like pre surgery. I can feel the implant so does this mean the majority of the swelling has gone down and this is pretty much the final shape? Please help and thank you!!

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

It would be nice to see a pre-op photo. With that said, you likely still have some swelling. With time and more resolution of the edema, you will likely see more definition and this might make the bridge look less flat.

Asian patients usually benefit from augmentation rhinoplasty, adding something. You got a silicone implant, and that may work out very well for you. However, I should mention that I like to offer my Asian patients who need substantial augmentation, rib grafts. While the thought of using rib cartilage may seem scary at first, it shouldn't be. My patients frequently tell me it was not a lot easier and more comfortable than they expected. Plus it is natural and less likely to be "rejected" or exposed.

Healing after Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the frontal and lateral views you have provided, your bridge is apparent and does appear to have been augmented though it's difficult to assess how much without your preoperative views for comparison.

You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD