One Month Post Mini Tummy Tuck -- Did It Not Work?

Hi. Thank you for your thoughts. I am one month post mini tummy tuck. Unfortunately, I had to return to work within a few days and did not get as much rest as I would have liked. My stomach looks like it did before I had the surgery. I have had a seroma drained twice. I may have put on a couple of pounds since surgery due to lack of exercise. Could that be the reason my stomach looks big? Is it possible the surgery just didn't work or my surgeon didn't take enough fat? Do I need a redo?

+1

This kind of question is best answered at an in person office visit with your surgeon. Some photos of your pre-surgery status and current appearance would make it possible to offer some suggestion, but absent photos I find it not useful to offer advice. 

Since it is only a month, you can expect changes in your appearance to continue, 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Concerns about Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Without direct examination or viewing before and after pictures, it is not possible to comment on the results of your surgery. Generally speaking, at one month post op  It is too early to better evaluate the results of surgery anyway.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out  and treat complications that may be causing the appearance of your abdomen.

You should have some peace of mind, that “not getting enough rest” or “putting on a couple of pounds since surgery” should not affect the outcome of your procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

One month post mini tummy tuck

+1

It is too early to judge your results...swelling after surgery can be magnified by having a seroma and also activity (returning to work)...be patient and discuss this with your surgeon at your next post op visit to make sure you have had all the seroma fluid removed.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon