1 Month Post Breast Implant Removal, One Breast is Hard, is Something Wrong?

I had my breast implants removed a month ago and I'm really concered. My left breast is bigger than my right which is typically normal, but the left breast is hard. My right breast is soft and jiggly but the left breast has my really nervous. When I lay down my left breast feels hard like a thick layer underneath the fat of my breast tissue. I had my breast implants unders. What's wrong with my breast?

Breast Implant Removal - 1 Month Post Breast Implant Removal, One Breast is Hard, is Something Wrong?

+2

There are many possible explanations for this, including many that are relatively minor, but you need to be seen in person to help sort this out.

Most likely is that there is just some prolonged swelling, but it could also be a genuine collection of fluid (a seroma) or blood (hematoma) or some of each.  Perhaps some of the capsule was left inside, and that is what you feel (there are reasons for doing this, such as if the implants were under the muscle and the back of the capsule is too close to the ribcage, etc).

At any rate, it's probably not something that will continue to be a serious problem...but, either way, you need to be assessed by your surgeon.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Scarring after breast implant removal

+1

You may have scar tissue or fat necrosis causing the hardness.  Because your breasts are so different, I would recommend going back to your plastic surgeon for a look to see if you may have an infection or fluid colleciton.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

One side firmer...

+1

At the one month point I wouldn't expect such a difference from swelling.  Seroma or hematoma that has now 'organized' can be the culprit.  In cases like yours I generally close the pocket after removing the implant to help avoid these issues.  You do want to check with your doctor about other issues that may only be apparent on physical exam.

Firm breast after surgery

+1

There are many reasons why one breast may feel firmer. It could be fluid like a seroma, or hematoma, it could be infection, it could be scar tissue, or swelling.  You should have an exam to be sure.

Breast Implant Explantation

+1

Some thing is going on in the breast. It needs an examination for proper diagnosis,Please see your surgeon ASAP

Firmness after breast implant removal.

+1

It is not possible to determine the problem without photos and an examination.  It is possible , this may represent swelling, scar tissue or perhaps a fluid collection or unresolved hematoma.  You should followup with your plastic surgeon for further evaluation.