Fatty Pockets and Dog Ears 1 Month PO Tummy Tuck, is This the Norm?

I am concerned with scar placement, dogears and irregularities on the hips. While the picture is 1 month post-op I understand I should see the final result by now. My question is...does this look like the norm for 1 month out? Should I be concerned with the fatty pockets and dogears? I know revisions aren't recommended until 6+ months but I'm stressing out over a less than impressive (in my opinion) result. Any advice or feedback welcome.

One month from tummy tuck, is this the norm?

No, it is not the norm.  I don't want to make you feel bad, but this is nothing like I have ever seen in my practice in the 25 years that I have been doing tummy tucks.  (I actually saw a patient who looked like this on this RealSelf board with a similar result asking if this was a normal result.  It is not.)  The upper incision can be a bit longer than the lower incision, and sometimes there can be some mild gathering. Mild gathering will settle, this degree of gathering will not. I also do not understand chasing dog ears in a downward direction, and still leaving huge dog ears.  I think you will need a revision. The good news is that a revision will help you achieve a better result. The bad news is that you need to wait several months, and, of course, go through another though hopefully more limited surgery to attempt to fix this.  Please check on the credentials and training of your surgeon. If he or she is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, then have an honest discussion about what went wrong and how it can be fixed, including getting second opinions if needed.  If your surgeon is NOT certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (but instead by some other non related or non-ABMS recognized "board") then you need to find a surgeon who is.