If Having 3 Treatments of Zeltiq, How Long Between Treatments Should I Wait?

I was told I need three treatments to get rid of the fat around my abdomen. I did one and was told to come back in one month (even though at a consul w another dr, I was told 3 mos). I was told it's better to do it sooner because the cells are closer to the surface and the body gets better results. True? Also, if you remove all/most of the fat cells from your abdomen and THEN lose weight, will you then be more inclined to lose it from another part of your body?

Time Between CoolSculpting Treatments

+2

First, I have to say I LOVE the CoolSculpting device!  The science is solid, there's no down time, minimal discomfort and it works.  In regards to your question the minimal time between treatments is 2 months.  By one month not many of the cells have been removed so there's no point is doing the treatment again.  You would just be re-cooling the cells already damaged.  Those cells need to be gone so that the cooling can penetrate the next layers of cells.  By 2 months 80% of the fat that will be lost is lost.  It's 100% by 3 months. I see my patients back at 2 months and we can decide then to retreat or wait.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

How long do you wait between cool sculpting treatments? Help!

+1

Chris got in, the FDA approved method for fat freezing reduces the fat. Pulled up in the treatment had by between 20 and 26%. It is a unique new endeavor that works every time. I've had to treat myself. I can speak from personal experience that there is some discover particularly in the abdomen but stops as soon as the area gets cruel and there can be some numbness and tingling that last for a couple weeks and possibly a small bruise and some minimal swelling. Overall, the technique is simply drive and have it and drive away but the final result pixel for three months or so to be visualized. Because it takes three months to the final outcome, it's probably best not to have treatments are frequently than every three months. Areas to be treated certainly multiple times reducing the thickness of fat on each occasion from between 20 and 26%. This device really works and is very unique. Take care and best wishes – Dr. Joseph Hunstad

Joseph Hunstad, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq (Cool sculpting) Treatments?

+1

I would suggest that you wait at least 2 to 3 months in between treatments; in my opinion, it doesn't make much sense to repeat the treatment ( of the same area)  after one month. If you were to gain weight after the treatments,  the fat cells and remain in the area will grow in size.

CoolSculpting can be repeated every two to three months for a few treatments

+1

There is no scientific study of which I am aware that studies the differences between patients who have repeated Zeltiq treatments every two months for three treatments vs. every three months.  Some patients have very good results with only one treatment and they may see better results between the second and fourth month so if they had automatically had a second treatment at two months, granted the results would be better than just having one, but they would have been happy with only one possibly. If there is a considerable amount of fat to reduce, then a few treatments is realistic. Gaining weight after CoolSculpting will put some weight on the area treated, since not all fat cells are removed, only about 20% with one treatment at four months.  Fat will be distributed to other areas as well in people who gain weight.

Ronald Shelton, MD

How Long Should I Wait Between Zeltiq Treatments?

+1

Hi,

I think the general consensus is between 2-3 months.  We schedule all of our Coolsculpting patients for follow up photos and evaluations at that time frame.  What is exciting in what we are seeing is that some patients who thought they would need 2-3, find such great improvement with one, they move on to treat other areas!  The procedure is so easy that people find it addictive in a good way.  One of my patients recently said that it beats struggling at the gym for a stubborn area!

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Zeltiq... wait 2 to 3 months after treatment to re-treat...

+1

I always tell patients that is is normal to have 1 to 3 treatments and this is typically need in the same area to get optimal results...if they are a good candidate.  With each treatment you can expect 20-25% of fat reduction in that particular area.  I would advise you to wait a minimum of 2 to 3 months in between treatments.

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        

Grant Stevens, MD

Fort Lauderdale CoolSculpting

+1
The explanation is unfounded. Furthermore there is no literature to support accelerated fat loss from non-treated areas. This is an excellent procedure for exercise & diet-resistant fat. The time interval for treatment continues to be 3 months at my practice.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

How long should one wait before repeating CoolSculpting treatments

+1

Since it generally takes 2 months to see the effects of CoolSculpting there is no rationale to repeating the treatments in the same any sooner than that.  Now if one is talking about treating a different area of the stomach than that addtional treatment can be done at anytime.  Regarding losing weight after CoolSculpting you will have less fat after the treatment but losing weight by diet  cannot be targeted to a specific area.  Even exercise does not target weight loss to a specific area although it can build up the underlying muscle.  As a result of CoolSculpting you will have less fat in the stomach area so there will be less for the body to burn off in this are so if you are losing weight the body will burn of the fat where it remains.  Ted Brezel, MD Queens, NY

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Coolsculpting second procedures

+1

Typically I advise our patients to wait 2 months before undergoing a second Coolsculpting treatement to the exact same area. It should be noted that 80% of the results are seen by 2 months.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon