One month experienced injector/plastic surgeon cheeks furrow tear trough. Red bumps under my eyes. Will it go away on its own?

The rest of the Radiesse looks really good .However I have "eyeworms" -- long wormy looking bumps right on the periorbital bone that are visible in all lighting. Quarter inch in length. Feel like globs. Slightly red but I can't tell how red because I'm on vacation and very tan. When my tan fades they might be redder -- now light pink and noticeable. Will the eyeworms will go away on their own fairly quickly or if I would need to go back to the guy and get some kind of treatment to look normal?

One month experienced injector/plastic surgeon cheeks furrow tear trough. #Radiesse

+1

If this was definitely Radiesse then there is, unfortunately, not much that can be done aside from letting it dissipate on its own.  It will do that but it may take a while.  I generally recommend that a HA (hyaluronic acid) filler be used in that region, both because it is a little "thinner" than the Radiesse, and because it can (at least in theory) be"reversed" with hyaluronidase.  I would suggest that you contact your plastic surgeon and see what the options are.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Bumps under eyes after Radiesse

+1

Personally, I do not inject Radiesse under the eyes because it can cause bumps, as you have described.  The issue should resolve over time, but it could take a several months.  It may be possible to inject a filler (like Restylane) around the Radiesse bumps to help camouflage them.  I would discuss your concerns with your injecting doctor when you return from vacation.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon