I'm 1 Month and 2 Weeks Post Op is my Belly Supposed to Look This Way? (photo)

Hello I live in Miami and the surgeon I went to is one of the best in Miami. I'm 1 month and 2 weeks post op is my stomach swolen on the sides, why does it have that bulge look and will it go away after proper healing. By the way I had TT with lipo on sides. Maybe It's just me but would like other opinions please.

Swelling after tummy tuck

+3

If you are concerned over the swelling, which is not that abnormal up to 3 months post op, why not see your surgeon.  He or she is local and at this point I think it would be good for you mentally to be reassured.  Sometimes you form a little fluid collection called a seroma which may need to be drained, but if it is that it can be taken care of and you'll feel better.  Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Swollen post tummy

+1

Maybe you had some liposuction along with your tummy tuck and this may be some residual swelling. Also, laying on one side may cause that side to swell. I would be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck healing

+1

Dear Sexyindulgence21,

I encourage you to seek consultation with your surgeon as our photograph shows little details about your concern.

Swelling is normal and it prevails couple of months post-surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS