1 Month After Revision Rhinoplasty, is It the Cartilage That I Am Feeling in the Tip? (photo)

I had revision rhinolasty a month ago and when I touch the tip it is very hard all over, and I dont think it is swelling in the tip because it has a shape and is very hard and I can feel the differnece from where it is swollen and the new shape of the nose. How can I tell what this is that I am feeling and if my nose will still get smaller because I feel the tip is to big. My surgeon also mentioned he put a suture plate so that my nose does not shift again, but I am not sure where. thank you!!!!

Swelling vs cartilage in a nwly operated tip

+2

Most of the time I cant tell in a newly operated tip which is swelling and which is cartilage.The swelling will subside the cartilage wont. It really doesn;t matter at this stage.

Firm Tip One Month Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

It is difficult to differentiate between swelling and cartilage one month post-op. However in the picture of the base of your nose it does appear that the outline of cartilage is visible. Wait another couple months to see what happens as the swelling decreases. In the interim continue to follow this with your surgeon.

1 month post-op is way too soon to judge your result after Revision Rhinoplasty.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You are certainly swollen in your tip, and this will take many months to dissipate. The area of firmness you're referring to may or may not be cartilage. Feel free to reask your question with updated photos in several months. In the meantime, you should address your concerns with your surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and firmness

+2

Firmness after rhinoplasty and one month after surgery is normal. It will take many  months for the nose to soften.