A month after restylane in the tear troughs I don't see any change. What should I do?

A month after restylane in the tear troughs I don't see any change. Is it possible it was absorbed by my body already or should I Try to get more filler.

Restylane in the Tear Troughs

+1
If after one month you don't see any effect from the Restylane that was injected I would return to your treating physician for evaluation.  It is possible that you simply need more product injected into that area.

A month after Restylane to tear troughs I don't see any change

+1

It isn't possible that your body has absorbed it in that timeframe, but what is much more likely is that you needed more than one syringe of Restylane for full correction. A single syringe isn't always enough for full correction in this area, so revisit your injector to address your concerns.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Restylane in tear troughs

+1

Restylane placed in the tear troughs usually lasts 6 months or longer. Usually there is initial swelling which dissipates. Perhaps you need more?

+1

It would be best to provide a photo. In my opinion, you were probably under-dosed and would benefit from another syringe to see full result.

Not enough restylane

+1

I would have to see your before and after photos but it is often necessary to add additional restylane to the trough area a month or two after the initial treatment

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon