Will 500 Ccs Per Butt Cheek Be Enough for my Wife's Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery? (photo)

Hello, My wife had an in-person consult with a doctor. My wife is 145 lbs, at 5'4'', & already has a waist-hip ratio of .65 She wants a BBL. We thought 700 ccs per cheek would be nice. Butt, the doctor recommended only 500 ccs per cheek & said 30% will reabsorb. He was surprised that my wife never augmented her butt before. He said it is a decent size already, but he will do the BBL. What kind of result can she have with 500 ccs? Attached are her photos. Should she do 600 ccs? Thanks

3 photos are of my wife & 2 photos are wish pics

Brazilian Buttlift Specific Volumes

+3

Although an exam would be necessary, I could probably get out 5 liters and could transfer 1200 cc per buttock.  Less can always be transferred.  Based upon the wish pic, liposuction of the posterior and lateral thighs should be performed as well to improve the apparent lower pole volume of the buttock.  This will make the leg buttock interface look more like the wish pic.

# ccs Appropriate For a BBL

+3

Thank you very much for your pictures and your question.  I have taken the opportunity to view your other posting.  I feel your wife has sufficient pre-existing fat to do a total of 1400 ccs, which is 700 ccs per cheek. 

Your doctor recommended 500 ccs minus the 30% resorb equals 350.  You were wondering about 700 ccs minus the 30% resorb which equals 490, the difference being 140 ccs per cheek.  Your plastic surgeon is the best one to determine how many ccs can be safety placed in your wife's buttocks.  Possibly, the extra 200 that you were requesting would be lost in greater absorption.  Without an in person exam, none of the Real Self team of experts can give you a direct answer.  I personally think the extra 140 ccs will not make a significant difference, and it may be even less than that depending on resorbtion. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Volume of Fat Transfer Depends on Goal

+2
Thank you for your question and photo.  It is a bit unclear from the photos which patient we are referring to as there appears to be several different patients.  On average a minimum of 400-500 cc is required to have a meaningul lifting effect from the Brazilian Butt Lift.  The surrounding liposuction also helps to improve the apparent projection of the buttock.  Based on some of the photos, she should do well with anywhere from 400-600 cc.  It may be difficult to find more than about 400-500 cc as the patient in the first couple of photos is already in good shape with little excess fat.  This may be the limitation that you are coming up against.  Good luck !

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Buttock Lift

+2

Brazilian Butt lift using your own fat for augmentation is a great procedure and in my opinion far superior to butt implants. Implants can get infected, shift position, cause nerve problems, and feel firm.  Just as my colleague has placed butt implants in patients who have had their fat disappear after BBL, I have also removed implants in patients who have had serious complications.  The key to amount of fat placed is dependent on her butt and skin because it will affect percent fat loss. Consider this example:  500 cc placed comfortably in the buttock may result in 30% fat loss which equals 350cc permanent fat, and 700cc fat packed in tightly may result in 50% fat loss = 350cc permanent fat. It is better to place a the right amount of fat and have less loss. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Amount of fat to transfer

+1

The volume of fat to transfer will be dependent on the amount that can be harvested and the amount that you want transferred, ie so it is depends on what is possible and what your goals are.

Dennis Dass, MD

BBL vs implants

+1

Dear Happy1974,

Thanks for submitting the pictures. You mentioned that your wife is interested in BBL and already consulted with a plastic surgeon. I would like to give you different information to consider. Fat injection in large amount is physiolgically illogical. It can't survive without circulation. In the last few months I  have done butt augmentation with implants on 8 patients who had fat injection that completely or almost completely disappeared after 1 year. Butt implants are made of very soft silicone and they feel natural and look natural. Most importantly, thay do not disappear. Also, the cost is much lower. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in butt implants surgery.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon