What other procedures besides Labiaplasty would I need to get? (Photos)

I've always wanted to get labiplasty but am always scared hearing horror stories like getting something removed without your permission or loss of sensation. I've always had one labia bigger than the other one. But now after having sex and all it sticks out when I'm standing. Its not uncomfortable all the time but most of the time it is. Its extra skin there. Besides labia plasty I have extra skin on the side would that be labia plasty as well? And how will it cost?

Good Candidate for Labiaplasty

+1
You are a good candidate for labiaplasty.  This is a procedure that we have been doing for over 10 years.  The key is to create a balanced and natural look.  In your case, this would include reducing the labia (left more than right) and also the clitoral hood.  If the clitoral hood is not reduced at the same time, it can look MORE prominent once the labia have been reduced.  While each area has a different name, it is important to look at the overall shape and not separate by area or name.
We perform this procedure in our accredited operating room in Wayne, NJ.  We can do the procedure with a sedation anesthesia or even a local anesthesia.  The plan, including what exactly will be done, is reviewed with you in detail and you can even see the markings that are done before the procedure.  In the end, the more you understand what is being done, the less nervous you'll be and the happier you will be with the results.  You can also speak with many of our patients who have been through the same process that you are going through.  They can help answer some of your questions based on their experiences.  The first step is to set up an appointment for a consultation to review in person and the learn more about the possibilities.  I hope this is helpful.  Take care.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a labiaplasty?

+1
Thanks for your photos but you look really good as you are.  Can you have a more trimmed appearance?  Certainly and a labiaplasty would be recommended (wedge > trim) with consideration of a hood reduction if you are dead set on having a less lax appearance.  The risks you mentioned have not been an issue in my experience and you can make it clear to your surgeon that nothing extra is removed so you don't wake up surprised.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty

+1
You appear to be a fairly typical presentation for a patient desiring labiaplsty. If you have concerns about the clitoral hood as well, that can also be improved. It is important to see a surgeon with successful experience in these procedures as not all plastic surgeons do them.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Other procedures besides labiaplasty

+1
I reviewed your photos.   You are an excellent candidate for a labiaplasty. As the inventor of the central wedge technique, I am partial to this procedure due to its natural result.  Your left labium is larger than your right, and the best way to achieve symmetry is to do a wedge labiaplasty on both labia.  The extra skin on the side of your clitoral hood can be excised at the same time. However, your clitoral hood is long and wide. If desired, I would do a clitoropexy to push your clitoris up and in which would allow your clitoral hood to be shortened, narrowed, and less protuberant.  

Gary J. Alter, MD

What other procedures besides Labiaplasty would I need to get?

+1
Thank you for your question.  From your photos it appears that you are definitely a candidate for labiaplasty and also possibly some reduction of the clitoral hooding. To find out exactly what can be one would require a consultation with an exam by a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience with this kind if surgery.  The horror story results that I have seen have usually been done by ObGyns who use the labial trim technique where some have even removed the entire labia.   In my opinion he best way to do the surgery is to use the wedge excision technique pioneered by Dr Gary Alter.  I hope this helps. 

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

+1
It looke like in the photos that you may be a good candidate for a labiaplasty. You may also have excessive clitoral hooding which may need treatment as well. Best of be seen in person.

Labiaplasty

+1
It appears you are a good candidate for a labiaplasty. If you seek out a reputable and board certified plastic surgeon then you should not have a "horror story" problems.

Michael Hueneke, MD